- THE NEWT IN SOMERSET is now open to the public…spectacular gardens, cafes and much more!….2.5 miles The best thing to open in Somerset for a long while, excellent for a family outing (Guide dogs only). £15 entry includes
- annual membership.
- North Cadbury Court…1.25 miles
- Castle Cary… 3 miles
- Bruton… 6 miles
- Wincanton (& Racecourse)… 7 miles
- Hauser and Wirth Gallery and the Roth Bar & Grill (Bruton)… 6 Miles
- Bath…31 miles
- Bristol Airport…32 miles
- Glastonbury Festival…11 miles
- Babington House…19 miles
- Haynes Motor Museum… 3 miles
- RNAS Yeovilton Fleet Air Arm Museum… 9 miles
- Longleat… 21 miles
- Stourhead…17 miles
- Wookey Hole Caves… 17 miles
- Wells (Cathedral City)… 15 miles
- Stonehenge… 38 miles
- Sherborne Golf Club… 7 miles
- Yeovil Golf Club… 12 miles
- Mendip Golf Club…15 miles
- Burnham & Berrow Golf Club… 32 miles
- Hazlegrove School… 3 miles
- Kings School Bruton… 6 miles
- Sherborne Schools…11 miles
- Millfield School…13 miles
- Port Regis School… 16 miles
- Downside School…16 miles
- Bryanston School…27 miles
Some of our favourite places to eat:
At The Chapel, Bruton (6 miles) http://www.atthechapel.co.uk 01749 814070
Hauser & Wirth’s Roth Bar & Grill, Bruton (6 miles) http://www.rothbarandgrill.co.uk 01749 814700,
The Newt in Somerset, Nr Bruton (2.5 miles) www.thenewtinsomerset.com General enquiries 01963 577777. This is a newly opened country estate with extensive gardens and woods. Cafe and bar open daily for breakfasts/brunch/lunch, stunning hotel/restaurant to follow in August/September 2019.
The Queens Arms, Corton Denham (4 miles) http://www.thequeensarms.com 01963 220317
The Stag’s Head, Yarlington (1.5 miles as the crow flies- great to walk there) http://www.stagsheadinn.co.uk 01963 440393, delightful traditional local country pub
The Camelot Inn, South Cadbury (2 miles) 01963 441685, good for refreshments after a walk up Cadbury Castle, an ancient hill fort.
All these places do get booked up, so it is always best to BOOK IN ADVANCE to avoid disappointment.
TAXIS are not always readily available, sadly no Uber services in our neck of the woods, so again it is essential to book ahead if you need one during your stay. Some suggestions are Craig’s Taxis 07563612473, Destinations 0196334441 or Anzford Cars 07831249441.