- THE NEWT IN SOMERSET is now open to the public…spectacular gardens, cafes and much more!….2.5 miles The best thing to open in Somerset for a long while, excellent for a family outing (Guide dogs only). £15 entry includes annual membership for 2019.
- North Cadbury Court…1.25 miles
- Castle Cary… 3 miles
- Bruton… 6 miles
- Wincanton (& Racecourse)… 7 miles
- Hauser and Wirth Gallery & Gardens with the Roth Bar & Grill (Bruton)… 6 Miles
- Bath…31 miles
- Bristol Airport…32 miles
- Glastonbury Festival…11 miles
- Babington House…19 miles
- Haynes Motor Museum… 3 miles
- RNAS Yeovilton Fleet Air Arm Museum… 9 miles
- Longleat… 21 miles
- Stourhead…17 miles
- Wookey Hole Caves… 17 miles
- Wells (Cathedral City)… 15 miles
- Stonehenge… 38 miles
- Sherborne Golf Club… 7 miles
- Yeovil Golf Club… 12 miles
- Mendip Golf Club…15 miles
- Burnham & Berrow Golf Club… 32 miles
- Hazlegrove School… 3 miles
- Kings School Bruton… 6 miles
- Sherborne Schools…11 miles
- Millfield School…13 miles
- Port Regis School… 16 miles
- Downside School…16 miles
- Bryanston School…27 miles
Good Places to Eat near Hewletts Mill
Stags Head pub, Yarlington… www.stagsheadinn.co.uk 01963 440393
Only a couple of miles away down country lanes; a great walk down the lanes and across a field. Very friendly village pub with very good food.
The Newt in Somerset, Hadspen, Bruton BA7 7NG (3 miles)
01963 577777 www.thenewtinsomerset.com/botanical-rooms
The Botanical Rooms restaurant is newly opened since May 2019, amazing Georgian Country House set in wonderful surroundings. Stunning gardens and café are open daily.
The Camelot pub, South Cadbury… www.camelotpub.co.uk
Good local pub about, with good food. Great after a bracing walk up Cadbury castle. About 2.5 miles
The Queens Arms , Corton Denham (4.5 miles)… www.thequeensarms.com 01963 220317
Our Favourite…. Lovely pub with really excellent food with fires always lit in the bar.
Former school house recently converted back to a restaurant and bar creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere; great interior design with amazing food.
The Kings Arms, Charlton Horethorne (5.5 miles) www.thekingsarms.co.uk 01963 220281
Great Pub with really first class food.
The Red Lion, Babcary (6 miles) www.redlionbabcary.co.uk
Really excellent village pub with exceptionally good food and great atmosphere.
At The Chapel, Bruton (4 miles)… www.atthechapel.co.uk 01749 814070
Very good contemporary restaurant in an old converted chapel. Excellent food, including pizzas, with a great atmosphere.
Roth Bar& Grill, Bruton (4 miles)… www.rothbarandgrill.co.uk
Attached to the Hauser & Wirth contemporary art gallery. A very cool bar, good food, well worth a visit.
The Montague Inn, Shepton Montague, BA9 8JW (5 miles)… www.themontagueinn.co.uk 01749 813213
Very good village pub, good food.
The Green, Sherborne… (9 miles) www.greenrestaurant.co.uk
Lovely restaurant in the beautiful Abbey town of Sherborne. Great food, good for lunch.
All these places do get booked up, so it is always best to BOOK IN ADVANCE to avoid disappointment.
Taxis are not always readily available, sadly no Uber services in our neck of the woods, so again it is essential to book ahead if you need one during your stay. Some suggestions are Craig’s Taxis 07563612473, Destinations 0196334441 or Anzford Cars 07831249441.